Autumn Beauty Picks
Hilary | On 07, Oct 2013
Now while I don’t enjoy the chilly weather and having to bundle up in what seems to be way too many layers, I do love when the trees change colour, and the makeup and clothes get darker. I love that brands come out with dark reds, vampy purples, and gorgeous jewel tone eye shadows that are to die for. I have come up with a few products that I will be rocking this Autumn and can’t wait to share them with you!
During the summer everyone wants that gorgeous peachy pink cheek. Now while I think pink cheeks look good any time of the year, MAC’s Gentle is a gorgeous raspberry blush with gold pearl that looks perfect on the cheeks around this time of year. For eyes I love jewel tones, coppers, greys and browns for the eyes. I am going to be using Mary Kay’s eye crayons in a stunning range of colours, as well as Maybelline’s Colour Tattoos to really bring out those dark, deep hues in my MAC and Makeup Geek eyeshadows. For a little bit of sparkle I’m going to be going with some of Makeup Geek’s pigments to give my eyes that extra shine. It’s also fun to pop in a little bit of unexpected colour into your eyes looks as well, so Lime Crime’s Uniliners are perfect for this. During Autumn it seems like big brows are always a staple, so filling in the brows with your favourite brow product is a must! Also try going for gold or purple eyeliners in the waterline instead of black, you may be pleasantly surprised at how much you love it!
- MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle
- Lime Crime Uniliners in 6th Element, Citreuse, Lazuli
- ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium
- MAC All Woman Palette
- Makeup Geek Vegas Lights and Utopia Pigment
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Bada Bing, Nautica, Drama Queen, Gold Digger
- Mary Kay Eye Crayons in Green Tea, Gold Mine Purple Smoke, In The Navy
- MAC Powerchrome Eye Pencil in Copper Strip
- Mary Kay Kohl Eyeliner in Golden Illusion and Mulberry Forest
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough As Taupe and Pomegrante Punk
Autumn is all about going for deeper red, berry, and purple shades on the lips. It’s always important to exfoliate your lips, but when the colder months hit it’s even more important so that your lipsticks can glide over your lips effortlessly and without settling into any cracks. For those times when I just need to throw on a lip balm I’ll be reaching for a nice red or raspberry tinted lip balm. For the more daring days The Body Shop’s new lipstick in Crazy Sexy Crimson is a gorgeous deep red brown colour that I actually turned out liking on me, Never would have thought! And of course, you probably knew this was coming, but my everyday sheer berry shade that’s really moisturizing and luxurious is YSL’s Sheer Candy in #5.
- Yves Saint Laurent Sheer Candy Glossy Balm in #5 Mouthwatering Berry
- The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in 125 Crazy Sexy Crimson
- Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose
- LUSH Sweet Lips Lip Scrub
Now while our face makeup is all ready for Fall our tips need to match! I personally love “greige” and nude colours to balance out really dark outfits, but for those occasions where a dark polish is a must Maybelline has a great selection of dark vampy colours as does Sinful Colours. Julep has a really cool duochrome polish that is purple in one light, and shifts to green in another so it really plays on that jewel tone concept.
Now these two polishes I love for the Fall but unfortunately was not able to find them for the photo. If you want a perfect grey polish Rimmel’s 60 Seconds Nail Polish in Grey Matter is amazing. If you are more for brown’s try Essie’s Don’t Sweater It polish.
- Sinful Colours Nail Polish in Daddys Girl
- Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in Twilight Rays
- Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in Wine & Dine
- Julep Nail Polish in Ginger
- Julep Nail Polish in Debra
- Julep Nail Polish in Blakely
- Rimmel’s 60 Seconds Nail Polish in Grey Matter
- Essie Nail Polish in Don’t Sweater it.
So I hope that this post was helpful to some of you!
What are you Autumn makeup staples?
Latest posts by Hilary (see all)
- Conquer Winter Dryness With RoC! - December 4, 2013
- The Body Shop Camomile Eye & Lip Makeup Remover Review - December 3, 2013
- November Favourites - December 1, 2013